Re: [HACKERS] WAL Consistency checking for hash indexes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: [HACKERS] WAL Consistency checking for hash indexes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 2:29 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 9:44 AM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 11:06 AM, Kuntal Ghosh
>> <kuntalghosh.2007@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> I've attached a patch which implements WAL consistency checking for
>>> hash indexes. This feature is going to be useful for developing and
>>> testing of WAL logging for hash index.
>>>

>> I think it is better if you base your patch on (Microvacuum support
>> for hash index - https://commitfest.postgresql.org/13/835/).
>
> I'd rather have this based on top of the WAL logging patch, and have
> any subsequent patches that tinker with the WAL logging include the
> necessary consistency checking changes also.

Fair point.  I thought as the other patch has been proposed before
this patch, so it might be better to tackle the changes related to
that patch in this patch. However, changing the MicroVacuum or any
other patch to consider what needs to be masked for that patch sounds
sensible.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.