Re: Logical replication from PG v13 and below to PG v14 (devel version) is not working. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Logical replication from PG v13 and below to PG v14 (devel version) is not working.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 24, 2020 at 4:31 PM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 24, 2020 at 11:55 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Done this way.
> > >

> > - options.proto.logical.proto_version = LOGICALREP_PROTO_VERSION_NUM;
> > + options.proto.logical.proto_version = MySubscription->stream ?
> > + LOGICALREP_PROTO_STREAM_VERSION_NUM : LOGICALREP_PROTO_VERSION_NUM;
> >
> > Here, I think instead of using MySubscription->stream, we should use
> > server/walrecv version number as we used at one place in tablesync.c.
>
> I am not sure how can we do this?

Have you checked what will function walrcv_server_version() will
return? I was thinking that if we know that subscriber is connected to
Publisher version < 14 then we can send the right value.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.