Re: Added schema level support for publication. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Added schema level support for publication.
Date
Re: Added schema level support for publication.  (Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 12, 2021 at 5:54 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 6, 2021 at 5:33 PM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> ---
> Even if we drop all tables added to the publication from it, 'pubkind'
> doesn't go back to 'empty'. Is that intentional behavior? If we do
> that, we can save the lookup of pg_publication_rel and
> pg_publication_schema in some cases, and we can switch the publication
> that was created as FOR SCHEMA to FOR TABLE and vice versa.

Do we really want to allow users to change a publication that is FOR
SCHEMA to FOR TABLE? I see that we don't allow to do that FOR TABLES.
postgres=# Alter Publication pub add table tbl1;
ERROR:  publication "pub" is defined as FOR ALL TABLES
DETAIL:  Tables cannot be added to or dropped from FOR ALL TABLES publications.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.