Re: Parallel Seq Scan - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Parallel Seq Scan
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 6:29 AM, Haribabu Kommi <kommi.haribabu@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> I also think that avoiding nested parallel plans is a good step forward.
> >
> > Doing that as a part of the assess parallel safety patch was trivial, so I did.
> >

> I tried with latest HEAD code, seems to be problem is present in other
> scenarios.

As mentioned previously [1], we have to do two different things to make
this work, Robert seems to have taken care of one of those (basically
second point in mail[1]) and still another one needs to be taken care
which is to provide support of reading subplans in readfuncs.c and that
will solve the problem you are seeing now.