Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 12:55 PM Ajin Cherian <itsajin@gmail.com> wrote:

> Updated with a new test case
> (contrib/test_decoding/t/002_twophase-streaming.pl) that tests
> concurrent aborts during streaming prepare. Had to make a few changes
> to the test_decoding stream_start callbacks to handle
> "check-xid-aborted"
> the same way it was handled in the non stream callbacks.

Why did you make a change in stream_start API? I think it should be
*_change and *_truncate APIs because the concurrent abort can happen
while decoding any intermediate change. If you agree then you can
probably take that code into a separate function and call it from the
respective APIs.

In 0003,
contrib/test_decoding/t/002_twophase-streaming.pl  | 102 +++++++++

The naming of the file seems to be inconsistent with other files. It
should be 002_twophase_streaming.pl

Other than this, please find attached rebased patch set. It needs
rebase after latest commit 9653f24ad8307f393de51e0a64d9b10a49efa6e3.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Attachment