Re: Turning recovery.conf into GUCs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Turning recovery.conf into GUCs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 12:24 AM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:

> * Josh Berkus (josh@agliodbs.com) wrote:
> > > Either way, from the code it is clear that we only stay in recovery if
> > > standby_mode is directly turned on.  This makes the whole check for a
> > > specially named file unnecessary, IMO: we should just check the value of
> > > standby_mode (which is off by default).
> >
> > So, what happens when someone does "pg_ctl promote"?  Somehow
> > standby_mode needs to get set to "off".  Maybe we write "standby_mode =
> > off" to postgresql.auto.conf?
>
> Uhh, and then not work for the sane folks who disable
> postgresql.auto.conf?  No thanks..

What exactly you mean by 'disable postgresql.auto.conf',  do you
mean user runs Alter System to remove that entry or manually disable
some particular entry?

By default postgresql.auto.conf is always read, so if there is any
setting present in that file, that will taken into consideration.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.