Re: parallel.sgml for Gather with InitPlans - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: parallel.sgml for Gather with InitPlans
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 5:27 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 11:34 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think we can cover InitPlan and Subplans that can be parallelized in
>> a separate section "Parallel Subplans" or some other heading.  I think
>> as of now we have enabled parallel subplans and initplans in a
>> limited, but useful cases (as per TPC-H benchmark) and it might be
>> good to cover them in a separate section.  I can come up with an
>> initial patch (or I can review it if you write the patch) if you and
>> or others think that makes sense.
>
> We could go that way, but what I wrote is short and -- I think -- accurate.

Okay, again thinking about it after your explanation, it appears
correct to me, but it was not apparent on the first read.   I think
other alternatives could be (a) Evaluation of initplan OR (b)
Execution of initplan.  I think it makes sense to add what you have
written or one of the alternatives suggested by me as you deem most
appropriate.  I think one can always write a detailed explanation as a
separate patch.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.