Re: logical decoding : exceeded maxAllocatedDescs for .spill files - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: logical decoding : exceeded maxAllocatedDescs for .spill files
Date
Re: logical decoding : exceeded maxAllocatedDescs for .spill files  (Juan José Santamaría Flecha <juanjo.santamaria@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 8:32 PM Juan José Santamaría Flecha
<juanjo.santamaria@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 5:02 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 5:41 PM Juan José Santamaría Flecha
>> <juanjo.santamaria@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > The comment about "other applications might have the file open without those flags." is surely due to systems
workingwith an antivirus touching Postgres files.

>> > I was not able to reproduce the Permission denied error with current HEAD,
>> >

>> I am not sure what exactly you tried.  Can you share the steps and
>> your environment details?
>>

> Sure, I was trying to reproduce the Permission denied error after the ERROR_HANDLE_EOF fix.

Have you tried before that fix , if not, can you once try by
temporarily reverting that fix in your environment and share the
output of each step?  After you get the error due to EOF, check that
you have .spill files in pg_replslot/<slot_name>/ and then again try
to get changes by pg_logical_slot_get_changes().   If you want, you
can use the test provided in Amit Khandekar's patch.

> [1] Win10 (1903) MSVC 19.22.27905

I have tested this on Windows7. I am not sure if it is due to a
different version of windows, but I think we can't rule out that
possibility.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.