Re: Re: GSOC 2018 Ideas - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Re: GSOC 2018 Ideas
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 8:39 AM, Vimal Rathod <vimalrathod268@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for replying to my message in very short time. As you have said, I
> looked into the url and found that I am interested in doing
> TOAST'ing in Slices Project. Can you give me some more details about this
> project other than the one which is in the url given by you,like..
> More details about TOAST table?

You can read about it in the documentation [1].

> Where do I find the code corresponding to the project?

You can look into below two files:
src/backend/access/heap/tuptoaster.c
src/backend/catalog/toasting.c

> What am I supposed to submit in proposal ?

I think you can first submit the design which you want to follow and
once you get some confirmation from other community members, you can
start working on the code.

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/storage-toast.html

Note - Please don't top post, try to reply inline.  That is what all
of the people follow here and it is much more convenient that top
posting.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.