Re: [bug fix] pg_ctl always uses the same event source - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: [bug fix] pg_ctl always uses the same event source
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 8:20 PM, MauMau <maumau307@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Amit san,
>
> I'm replying to your previous email.  I wanted to reply to your latest mail
> below, but I removed it from my mailer by mistake.
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAA4eK1LAg6ndZdWLb5e=Ep5DzcE8KZU=JbmO+tFwySYHm2ja=Q@mail.gmail.com
>
> Do you know how I can reply to an email which was deleted locally?  I
> thought I could download an old mail by clicking "raw" link and import it to
> the mailer.  However, it requires username/password input, and it seems to
> be different from the one for editing CommitFest.  I couldn't find how to
> authenticate myself.

Not sure, I have not done it before.

> Anyway, the revised patch is attached.
>
> From: "Amit Kapila" <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>
>

>> As suggested by Tom, please update documentation.
>> "> Possibly there's room for a documentation patch reminding users to
>> > make sure that event_source is set appropriately before they turn
>> > on eventlog."
>> I think right place to update this information is where we are explaining
>> about setting of event log i.e at below link or may be if you find some
>> other
>> better place:
>>
>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/runtime-config-logging.html#GUC-LOG-DESTINATION
>

> Please let us make this a separate patch.  I agree with you about the place
> in the manual.
Okay, no problem.

As per my review your patch is fine now except for one minor indentation issue.

if (RegCreateKeyEx(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, key_name, 0, NULL, 0, KEY_WRITE,
NULL, &key, &data))

Here it is better to start the parameters in second line from where
the params in
first line, make then inline.

I think it's just a very minor coding style thing, so I am marking this patch as
Ready For Committer.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.