Re: dropdb --force - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: dropdb --force
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 1:57 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> This patch adds a few test cases to test the syntax in
> /src/test/regress/sql/drop_if_exists.sql which I think is not the best
> place to add the tests for this feature as it is primarily testing ..
> IF EXISTS .. syntax.  OTOH, I am not sure if there is any other better
> place to add those.  The other option could be to add a new test file,
> but again I am not sure if it is worth to do so for a few tests.  We
> can even decide not to have tests for this feature as the tests are
> just testing the syntax which I think can help if we want to extend
> the syntax in the future.

Today, I again looked at some of the other drop command syntaxes and
it seems some of them like 'Drop Extension ..' are also tested via
this file.  So, I decided to keep the test in this file but changed
the name of the database used in the test to match with other tests in
that file and modified comments.

I am planning to commit this patch tomorrow unless I see more comments
or interest from someone else to review this.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Attachment