Re: dropdb --force - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: dropdb --force
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 8:45 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 4:57 PM Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I check it now - it has sense. the described switch can protect users against useless client killing.
> >

> I have committed that patch.  Please find the rebased patch attached.
> Additionally, I ran the pgindent.  I will wait for two days and see if
> you or anyone else has more inputs on the patch, if not, then I will
> take one more pass and commit it on Wednesday morning.

This patch adds a few test cases to test the syntax in
/src/test/regress/sql/drop_if_exists.sql which I think is not the best
place to add the tests for this feature as it is primarily testing ..
IF EXISTS .. syntax.  OTOH, I am not sure if there is any other better
place to add those.  The other option could be to add a new test file,
but again I am not sure if it is worth to do so for a few tests.  We
can even decide not to have tests for this feature as the tests are
just testing the syntax which I think can help if we want to extend
the syntax in the future.

Any opinions?

--
With Regards,