Re: Allow logical replication to copy tables in binary format - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Allow logical replication to copy tables in binary format
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 22, 2023 at 9:00 AM shiy.fnst@fujitsu.com
<shiy.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> On Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:29 AM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for all the patch updates. Patch v19 LGTM.
> >

> +1

The patch looks mostly good to me. However, I have one
question/comment as follows:

-       <varlistentry>
+       <varlistentry id="sql-createsubscription-binary" xreflabel="binary">
         <listitem>

To allow references to the binary option, we add the varlistentry id
here. It looks slightly odd to me to add id for just one entry, see
commit 78ee60ed84bb3a1cf0b6bd9a715dcbcf252a90f5 where we have
purposefully added ids to allow future references. Shall we add id to
other options as well on this page?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.