Re: PG compilation error with Visual Studio 2015/2017/2019 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: PG compilation error with Visual Studio 2015/2017/2019
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 7:37 PM Ranier Vilela <ranier.vf@gmail.com> wrote:

> Em qua., 22 de abr. de 2020 às 08:43, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> escreveu:
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 5:32 PM Juan José Santamaría Flecha
>> <juanjo.santamaria@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 12:41 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >>

>> 6. I have additionally done some cosmetic changes in the attached patch.
>
> I made some style changes too.
>
> 1. Change:
>  strcpy(iso_lc_messages, "C");
> iso_lc_messages[0] = 'C';
> iso_lc_messages[1] = '\0';

This is an existing code and this patch has no purpose to touch it.
So, I don't think we should make this change.

> 2. Remove vars hyphen and underscore;
> 3. Avoid call second wcsrchr, if hyphen is not found.
>
> If it's not too much perfectionism.

(2) and (3) are improvements, so we can take those.

Thanks for participating in the review and development of this patch.
It really helps if more people help in improving the patch.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.