Re: Perform streaming logical transactions by background workers and parallel apply - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Perform streaming logical transactions by background workers and parallel apply
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 7, 2022 at 10:02 AM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Or I think we can use locktag_field2 for remote xid and locktag_field3
> > > for local xid.
> > >

> > We can do that way as well but OTOH, I think for the local
> > transactions we don't need subscription oid, so field1 could be
> > InvalidOid and field2 will be xid of local xact. Won't that be better?
>
> This would work. But I'm a bit concerned that we cannot identify which
> subscriptions the lock belongs to when checking pg_locks view.

Fair point. I think if the user wants, she can join with
pg_stat_subscription based on PID and find the corresponding
subscription. However, if we want to identify everything via pg_locks
then I think we should also mention classid or database id as field1.
So, it would look like: field1: (pg_subscription's oid or current db
id); field2: OID of subscription in pg_subscription; field3: local or
remote xid; field4: 0/1 to differentiate between remote and local xid.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.