Re: [HACKERS] Change GetLastImportantRecPtr's definition? (wasSkipcheckpoints, archiving on idle systems.) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Change GetLastImportantRecPtr's definition? (wasSkipcheckpoints, archiving on idle systems.)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 11:57 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2017-05-05 11:50:12 +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
>> I see that EndPos can be updated in one of the cases after releasing
>> the lock (refer below code). Won't that matter?
>
> I can't see how it'd in the cases that'd matter for
> GetLastImportantRecPtr() - but it'd probably good to note it in the
> comment.

I think it should matter for any record which is not tagged as
XLOG_MARK_UNIMPORTANT, but maybe I am missing something in which case
comment should be fine.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.