Re: [HACKERS] PG 10 release notes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PG 10 release notes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 8:59 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 11:05:41PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> > I think the above commit needs a separate mention, as this is a really
>> > huge step forward to control the size of hash indexes.
>>
>> Yes, it is unfotunate that the item is in the incompatibility item.  I
>> wonder if I should split out the need to rebuild the hash indexes and
>> keep it there and move this item into the "Index" section.
>
> Done, items split.

<listitem>       <!--       Author: Robert Haas <rhaas@postgresql.org>       2017-02-27 [b0f18cb77] hash: Refactor
bucketsqueeze code.       Author: Robert Haas <rhaas@postgresql.org>       2017-02-27 [30df93f69] hash: Refactor
overflowpage allocation.       Author: Robert Haas <rhaas@postgresql.org>       2017-04-03 [ea69a0dea] Expand hash
indexesmore gradually.       -->       <para>        Improve efficiency of hash index growth (Amit Kapila, Mithun Cy)
   </para></listitem>

The first two commits b0f18cb77, 30df93f69 are done as preliminary
work to "Add write-ahead logging support to hash indexes", so it seems
inappropriate to add them here.  We can add it along with below item:
<!--       Author: Robert Haas <rhaas@postgresql.org>       2017-03-14 [c11453ce0] hash: Add write-ahead logging
support.      -->       <para>        Add write-ahead logging support to hash indexes (Amit Kapila)       </para>

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.