Re: Design of pg_stat_subscription_workers vs pgstats - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Design of pg_stat_subscription_workers vs pgstats
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 21, 2022 at 11:04 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

> On 2022-02-21 12:56:46 +0900, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
>
> > To take a precedent, we used to store accumulative statistics such as
> > spill_txns to pg_stat_replication, but then for the same reason we moved
> > those statistics to the new stats view, pg_stat_replication_slot. New
> > subscription statistics that we're introducing are cumulative statistics
> > whereas pg_stat_subscription is a dynamic statistics view.
>
> I'm happy to have cumulative subscriber stats somewhere in pgstats. But it
> shouldn't be split by worker or relation, and it shouldn't contain
> non-cumulative error information.

Fair enough. Then, how about the following keeping the following information:

* subid (subscription id)
* subname (subscription name)
* sync_error_count/sync_failure_count (number of timed table sync failed)
* apply_error_count/apply_failure_count (number of times apply failed)
* sync_success_count (number of table syncs successfully finished)
* apply_commit_count (number of transactions applied successfully)
* apply_rollback_count (number of transactions explicitly rolled back)
* stats_reset (Time at which these statistics were last reset)

The view name could be pg_stat_subscription_lrep,
pg_stat_logical_replication, or something on those lines.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.