Re: pg_stat_statements issue with parallel maintenance (Was Re: WALusage calculation patch) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: pg_stat_statements issue with parallel maintenance (Was Re: WALusage calculation patch)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 8:51 AM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Agreed. I've attached the updated patch.
> >
> > Thank you for testing, Dilip!
>
> Thanks!  One hunk is failing on the latest head.  And, I have rebased
> the patch for my testing so posting the same.  I have done some more
> testing to test multi-pass vacuum.

The patch looks good to me.  I have done a few minor modifications (a)
moved the declaration of variable closer to where it is used, (b)
changed a comment, (c) ran pgindent.  I have also done some additional
testing with more number of indexes and found that vacuum and parallel
vacuum used the same number of total_read_blks and that is what is
expected here.

Let me know what you think of the attached?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Attachment