Re: [bug fix] pg_ctl always uses the same event source - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: [bug fix] pg_ctl always uses the same event source
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 4:51 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

> Did anyone actually test this patch? :)
>
> I admit I did not build it on Windows specifically because I assumed
> that was done as part of the development and review. And the changes
> to pg_event.c can never have built, since the file does not include
> the required header.

I have tested it on Windows and infact on Linux as well to see if there
is any side impact before marking it as Ready For Committer.

It seems to me that the required header is removed in last version
(pg_ctl_eventsrc_v11) where MessageBox() related changes have been
removed from patch as per recent discussion.  Sorry for not being able
to check last version posted.

> I have reverted that part of the patch for now, hopefully that'll
> unbreak the buildfarm.

Do you want me to write a patch to use DEFAULT_EVENT_SOURCE in
pgevent?

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.