Re: TODO : Allow parallel cores to be used by vacuumdb [ WIP ] - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dilip kumar
Subject Re: TODO : Allow parallel cores to be used by vacuumdb [ WIP ]
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 16 July 2014 12:13, Magnus Hagander Wrote,

>Yeah, those are exactly my points. I think it would be significantly simpler to do it that way, rather than forking and threading. And also easier to make portable...

>(and as a  optimization on Alvaros suggestion, you can of course reuse the initial connection as one of the workers as long as you got the full list of tasks from it up front, which I think you  do anyway in order to   sorting of tasks...)

I have modified the patch as per the suggestion,

Now in beginning we create all connections, and first connection we use for getting table list in beginning, After that all connections will be involved in vacuum task.

Please have a look and provide your opinion…

Thanks & Regards,

Dilip Kumar

Attachment