Re: Design of pg_stat_subscription_workers vs pgstats - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Design of pg_stat_subscription_workers vs pgstats
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 21, 2022 at 9:37 PM David G. Johnston
<david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > pg_stat_subscription_stats :)
>> >

>> Having *stat* two times in the name sounds slightly odd to me but let
>> us see what others think. One more option could be
>> pg_stat_subscription_replication.
>>

> Agreed.
>
> pg_stat_subscription_activity
>
> We already have pg_stat_activity (which may be an argument against the suggestion...)

I don't know if that can be an argument against it but one can imagine
that we record other subscription changes like (change of
publications, etc.). I personally feel it may be better to add
'_replication' in some way like pg_stat_sub_replication_activity but I
am fine either way.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.