Re: BUG #16846: "retrieved too many tuples in a bounded sort" - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Neil Chen
Subject Re: BUG #16846: "retrieved too many tuples in a bounded sort"
Date
List pgsql-bugs

On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 8:17 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

I poked at this until I found a small modification of the existing
regression tests that would reach the problematic path with lastTuple
true.  That confirmed that there's a problem, because it gave a flat-out
wrong answer.  I'm not really familiar enough with this code to be sure
if this is a complete fix, but it fixes the cases we have and it doesn't
break anything else in our regression tests.  So, in view of the fact
that we have 13.2 release deadline on Monday, I went ahead and pushed it.
(I did rewrite your comment.)

That's great, I will also continue to try to check if it is a complete fix.
Thank you.

--
There is no royal road to learning.
HighGo Software Co.