Re: perl path issue - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Prakash Ramakrishnan
Subject Re: perl path issue
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Adrian,

Production backup working fine now and previously dev server also working fine.

Now the business team wants to restore the single database using pgbackrest tool so we have setup the pgbackrest.conf file is like to point prod .

and directly  restore the backup from prod so thats why not able to do some perl issue .

database size is huge so they giving pressure and below is the config file,

==> cat /etc/pgbackrest.conf
#[global]
#repo1-path=/Postgres/pgBACKUP/A4_sydcosausd001
#retention-diff=4
#retention-full=4
#retention-archive=2
#start-fast=y
#process-max=4
#archive-async=y

#[global:archive-push]
#process-max=4

#[A4_sydcosausd001]
#db-path=/Postgres/pgDATA/data

[global]
repo1-host-user=postgres
repo1-host-config=/etc/pgbackrest.conf
repo1-path=/pgBACKUP/A4_sydcosafpp001/backup/A4_sydcosafpp001

[A4_sydcosafpp001]
pg1-path=/Postgres/prakash_pgbackrest
postgres@sydcosausd001.enterprisenet.org:/home/postgres

On Fri, May 10, 2019 at 8:15 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 5/10/19 7:36 AM, Prakash Ramakrishnan wrote:
> Hi Adrian,
>
> I did the installation for like ,
>
> postgresql-10.4-1-linux-x64.run file.
>
> pgbackrest - yum install
> https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/9.6/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64/pgdg-redhat96-9.6-3.noarch.rp
> <https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/9.6/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64/pgdg-redhat96-9.6-3.noarch.rpm>m
>

> yum install pgbackrest

As explained upstream that is not going to work. The package YUM is
installing is assuming that it will be working with Postgres installed
from packages in the same repo. That is not the case. You might be able
to download the pgBackrest source and build it pointing at the Perl in
the EDB install, but I have no idea how to make that happen.

> now what is the problem means we have to trying restore the backup prod
> to dev server.

So was the prod backup taken with pgBackRest?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

--