Re: perl path issue - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: perl path issue
Date
List pgsql-general
On 5/10/19 7:50 AM, Prakash Ramakrishnan wrote:
> Hi Adrian,
>
> Production backup working fine now and previously dev server also
> working fine.
>
> Now the business team wants to restore the single database using
> pgbackrest tool so we have setup the pgbackrest.conf file is like to
> point prod .

The above is not much to go on. So a list of questions below. Please
answer them all, thanks:

1) How was the production Postgres installed(EDB, native packages) and
on what OS?

2) The dev Postgres is the one installed using EDB installer, correct?

3) Define working fine. In other words where you/are you using a backup
method other then pgBackRest on the production and dev server?

4) When you say single database are you talking about a particular
database in the Postgres cluster or the entire cluster?

5) Why is pgBackRest essential to this? In other words why not use the
Postgres pg_dump/pg_restore tools?

As to below, this more then a Perl issue it is a package incompatibility
issue.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com