Differences in Unicode handling on Mac vs Linux? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Matt Daw
Subject Differences in Unicode handling on Mac vs Linux?
Date
List pgsql-general
Howdy, I loaded a client's DB on my Mac to debug an unrelated bug, but
I'm blocked because my Mac is rejecting SQL that works on our Linux
production servers. Here's a simple case:

# select * from shots where sg_poznÁmka is NULL;
ERROR:  column "sg_pozn�mka" does not exist
LINE 1: select * from shots where sg_poznÁmka is NULL;

... as far as I can tell, all my encodings are consistent on both
sides, I've checked LC_COLLATE, LC_CTYPE, client_encoding,
server_encoding and the database encodings. I'm running 9.0.13 on both
machines (and I tried 9.2.4 on my Mac).

Anything else I could double-check? Or are there any known Mac-related
Unicode issues?

Thanks!

Matt