Re: pgsql_fdw, FDW for PostgreSQL server - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thom Brown
Subject Re: pgsql_fdw, FDW for PostgreSQL server
Date
List pgsql-hackers
2012/4/7 Shigeru HANADA <shigeru.hanada@gmail.com>:
> I've updated pgsql_fdw so that it can collect statistics from foreign
> data with new FDW API.

I notice that if you restart the remote server, the connection is
broken, but the client doesn't notice this until it goes to fire off
another command.  Should there be an option to automatically
re-establish the connection upon noticing the connection has dropped,
and issue a NOTICE that it had done so?

Also I'm not particularly keen on the message provided to the user in
this event:

ERROR:  could not execute EXPLAIN for cost estimation
DETAIL:  FATAL:  terminating connection due to administrator command
FATAL:  terminating connection due to administrator command

There's no explanation what the "administrator" command was, and I
suspect this is really just a "I don't know what's happened here"
condition.  I don't think we should reach that point.

--
Thom