Re: pgsql_fdw, FDW for PostgreSQL server - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Shigeru HANADA
Subject Re: pgsql_fdw, FDW for PostgreSQL server
Date
List pgsql-hackers
(2012/04/07 1:38), Tom Lane wrote:
> Shigeru Hanada<shigeru.hanada@gmail.com>  writes:
>> On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 11:20 PM, Tom Lane<tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>  wrote:
>>> In
>>> particular I do not like the specific way it's done in the v7 patch
>>> (I've not looked at v8 yet) because the interposed logic has a
>>> hard-wired assumption that foreign tables do not have inheritance
>>> children.  I think that assumption has a life expectancy measured in
>>> months at most, and I don't want to have to try to fix every FDW when
>>> it changes.  But I think we can easily revise the hook details to fix
>>> that, and I'm hoping to get that done today.
>
>> I'll try implementing the design you suggested.
>
> I've already got it fixed up ...

I've updated pgsql_fdw so that it can collect statistics from foreign
data with new FDW API.

Other changes from latest version are:
- Now pgsql_fdw uses libpq row processor API to get rid of SQL-level cursor.
- Introduced new struct ErrorPos to integrate error reporting in foreign
scan and analyze.
- Some refactoring, such as removing unnecessary parameter.
- Fix typos.

Regards,
--
Shigeru HANADA