Re: [GSoC2014] Patch ALTER TABLE ... SET LOGGED - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thom Brown
Subject Re: [GSoC2014] Patch ALTER TABLE ... SET LOGGED
Date
Re: [GSoC2014] Patch ALTER TABLE ... SET LOGGED
List pgsql-hackers
On 17 August 2014 21:45, Fabrízio de Royes Mello <fabriziomello@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 2:24 PM, Fabrízio de Royes Mello <fabriziomello@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 1:41 PM, Christoph Berg <cb@df7cb.de> wrote:
> >
> > Re: Fabrízio de Royes Mello 2014-07-28 <CAFcNs+pctx4Q2UYsLOvVFWaznO3U0XhPpkMx5DRhR=Jw8w3tYg@mail.gmail.com>
> > > There are something that should I do on this patch yet?
> >
> > I haven't got around to have a look at the newest incarnation yet, but
> > I plan to do that soonish. (Of course that shouldn't stop others from
> > doing that as well if they wish.)
> >

> Thanks!

Updated version.

Hi Fabrizio,

+      This form changes the table persistence type from unlogged to permanent or
+      from unlogged to permanent (see <xref linkend="SQL-CREATETABLE-UNLOGGED">).

Shouldn't this read "unlogged to permanent or from permanent to unlogged"?

"ERROR:  table test is not permanent"

Perhaps this would be better as "table test is unlogged" as "permanent" doesn't match the term used in the DDL syntax.

Gave the patch a quick test-drive on a replicated instance, and it appears to operate as described.
--
Thom