Re: Overhaul of type attributes modification - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Thom Brown
Subject Re: Overhaul of type attributes modification
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On 9 July 2011 21:11, Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> wrote:
> On 9 July 2011 21:07, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:

>>> Okay, looks like it needed more work than I realised.  There are quite
>>> a few extra changes in this one.  I've moved the various checks (such
>>> as ensuring there are at least 2 attributes) out of the block for
>>> creating a type so that the same rules apply to modifying types.  This
>>> is because you shouldn't be able to modify a type so that there are
>>> less than 2 attributes.
>>>
>>> But please try to break this.  I've tried various combinations of
>>> actions (adding, renaming and changing type, just renaming, just
>>> changing type, removing an original attribute, removing all and adding
>>> back in, removing none and just adding additional ones) and can't find
>>> anything wrong now.  But maybe there's something I missed.
>>>
>>> Revised patch attached.
>>>

>> Quick question, are you using the master branch, or 1.14? I keep getting
>> issues when I apply this on 1.14. And it seems more a big issue to me,
>> than a new feature.
>
> I've always used master.  I haven't honed my git-fu to the point of
> working out how to switch branches.  I should probably look that up.

I've found a corner-case bug btw, which requires a tiny amendment.
But I'm also rebasing the patch for current master and 1.14_patches
(or whatever it's called), so you'll get these shortly

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company