Re: pgsql_fdw, FDW for PostgreSQL server - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thom Brown
Subject Re: pgsql_fdw, FDW for PostgreSQL server
Date
List pgsql-hackers
2012/3/26 Shigeru HANADA <shigeru.hanada@gmail.com>:
> (2012/03/15 23:06), Shigeru HANADA wrote:
>> Although the patches are still WIP, especially in WHERE push-down part,
>> but I'd like to post them so that I can get feedback of the design as
>> soon as possible.
>
> I've implemented pgsql_fdw's own deparser and enhanced some features
> since last post.  Please apply attached patches in the order below:
>
> * pgsql_fdw_v17.patch
>    - Adds pgsql_fdw as contrib module
> * pgsql_fdw_pushdown_v10.patch
>    - Adds WHERE push down capability to pgsql_fdw
> * pgsql_fdw_analyze_v1.patch
>    - Adds pgsql_fdw_analyze function for updating local stats

Hmm... I've applied them using the latest Git master, and in the order
specified, but I can't build the contrib module.  What am I doing
wrong?

It starts off with things like:

../../src/Makefile.global:420: warning: overriding commands for target
`submake-libpq'
../../src/Makefile.global:420: warning: ignoring old commands for
target `submake-libpq'

and later:

pgsql_fdw.c: In function ‘pgsqlGetForeignPlan’:
pgsql_fdw.c:321:2: warning: implicit declaration of function
‘extractRemoteExprs’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
pgsql_fdw.c:321:12: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer
without a cast [enabled by default]
pgsql_fdw.c:362:3: warning: implicit declaration of function
‘deparseWhereClause’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
pgsql_fdw.c: At top level:
pgsql_fdw.c:972:1: error: redefinition of ‘Pg_magic_func’
pgsql_fdw.c:39:1: note: previous definition of ‘Pg_magic_func’ was here

--
Thom