Re: pgsql_fdw, FDW for PostgreSQL server - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Shigeru HANADA
Subject Re: pgsql_fdw, FDW for PostgreSQL server
Date
List pgsql-hackers
(2012/03/27 20:32), Thom Brown wrote:
> 2012/3/26 Shigeru HANADA<shigeru.hanada@gmail.com>:
>> * pgsql_fdw_v17.patch
>>     - Adds pgsql_fdw as contrib module
>> * pgsql_fdw_pushdown_v10.patch
>>     - Adds WHERE push down capability to pgsql_fdw
>> * pgsql_fdw_analyze_v1.patch
>>     - Adds pgsql_fdw_analyze function for updating local stats
>
> Hmm... I've applied them using the latest Git master, and in the order
> specified, but I can't build the contrib module.  What am I doing
> wrong?

I'm sorry, but I couldn't reproduce the errors with this procedure.

$ git checkout master
$ git pull upstream master      # make master branch up-to-date
$ git clean -fd                 # remove files for other branches
$ make clean                    # just in case
$ patch -p1 < /path/to/pgsql_fdw_v17.patch
$ patch -p1 < /path/to/pgsql_fdw_pushdown_v10.patch
$ patch -p1 < /path/to/pgsql_fdw_analyze_v1.patch
$ make                          # make core first for libpq et al.
$ cd contrib/pgsql_fdw
$ make                          # pgsql_fdw

Please try "git clean" and "make clean", if you have not.
FWIW, I'm using GNU Make 3.82 and gcc 4.6.0 on Fedora 15.

Regards,
--
Shigeru HANADA