Re: Reserved word: OWNER - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Thom Brown
Subject Re: Reserved word: OWNER
Date
List pgsql-docs

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-alterdatabase.html#:~:text=To%20alter%20the%20owner%2C%20you,default%20tablespace%20of%20the%20database.

> you clearly use OWNER as a reserved word:
>
> ALTER DATABASE name OWNER TO { new_owner | CURRENT_ROLE | CURRENT_USER |
> SESSION_USER }
>
> and if I try to use OWNER as a column name in pgAdmin, it is marked blue (ie
> a reserved word). So which is it?

That sounds like a PgAdmin issue, and probably because of the way that
their syntactic highlighting works.  OWNER isn't a reserved word.

postgres=# CREATE TABLE owner (owner TEXT);
CREATE TABLE
postgres=# \d owner
              Table "public.owner"
 Column | Type | Collation | Nullable | Default
 owner  | text |           |          |

Regards

Thom