Re: encryption for postgres - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Ben.Westgarth@facs.gov.au
Subject Re: encryption for postgres
Date
List pgsql-php

Hi Tom,

There is a standard function - 'crypt( )' . I'm afraid I can't give you a
detailed run down on how to use it off the top of my head, but the manual covers
it pretty well, and you can also check it out at http://www.php.net

If you need more serious security there are other encryption functions around,
but I think you have to load most of these in as separate modules. I seem to
remember that php builder have done a couple of good articles on such things
(don't quote me on that though).

Cheers,

Ben Westgarth

hodges@xprt.net on 15/10/2001 08:50:20