Re: Why HDD performance is better than SSD in this case - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Neto pr
Subject Re: Why HDD performance is better than SSD in this case
Date
Re: Why HDD performance is better than SSD in this case  (Mark Kirkwood <mark.kirkwood@catalyst.net.nz>)
List pgsql-performance
Sorry.. I replied in the wrong message before ...
follows my response.
-------------

Thanks all, but I still have not figured it out.
This is really strange because the tests were done on the same machine
(I use  HP ML110 Proliant 8gb RAM - Xeon 2.8 ghz processor (4
cores), and POSTGRESQL 10.1.
- Only the mentioned query running at the time of the test.
- I repeated the query 7 times and did not change the results.
- Before running each batch of 7 executions, I discarded the Operating
System cache and restarted DBMS like this:
(echo 3> / proc / sys / vm / drop_caches;

discs:
- 2 units of Samsung Evo SSD 500 GB (mounted on ZERO RAID)
- 2 SATA 7500 Krpm HDD units - 1TB (mounted on ZERO RAID)

- The Operating System and the Postgresql DBMS are installed on the SSD disk.

Best Regards
[ ]`s Neto