Re: [HACKERS] New partitioning - some feedback - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Paul A Jungwirth
Subject Re: [HACKERS] New partitioning - some feedback
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Also, there seems to be at least some preference
> for excluding partitions by default from the \d listing.

As another user of partitions I'll chime in and say that would be very
nice! On the other hand, with pre-10 partitions you do see all the
child tables with `\d`, so showing declarative partitions seems more
consistent with the old functionality.

On the third hand with pre-10 partitions I can put the child tables
into a separate schema to de-clutter `\d`, but I don't see any way to
do that with declarative partitions. Since there is no workaround it
makes it a bit more important for partitions not to be so noisy.

Paul