Re: Bug: array starting index seems incorrect (different for 1D and2D arrays) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Dmitry Dolgov
Subject Re: Bug: array starting index seems incorrect (different for 1D and2D arrays)
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 12:47 PM Zachary Smith <zachsmith.sa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I found that, using arrays, I have different starting indices when accessing
> 1D arrays nested in 2D arrays. A full description of the bugs (and the code
> to reproduce) is on dba.stackechange:

https://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/249035/why-do-postgresql-arrays-have-different-starting-indices-for-1d-and-2d-arrays

In the attached examples there is an array of points, not a 2d array. Judging
from the documentation, accessing an element of a point could be done via
indexes 0 and 1, but for an array it starts from 1.