[psycopg] Squashing some bugs for 2.7.2 release - Mailing list psycopg

From Daniele Varrazzo
Subject [psycopg] Squashing some bugs for 2.7.2 release
Date
List psycopg
Hello,

we have been asked kindly to release 2.7.2. There are a few bugs open
in the tracker I'd like to address: some are simple and maybe with
some help we can speed up the things. Otherwise it's only about when I
find some free time to work on the project.

- Implement prepare() for the Json adapter. Easy stuff
(https://github.com/psycopg/psycopg2/issues/562)
- Fix some redshift quirkness. Seems simple, but requires access to a
redshift db. Help could be also just in the form of understanding the
string passed to psycopg
(https://github.com/psycopg/psycopg2/issues/558)
- Unsolvable problem: just needed to document that using crypto and
psycopg from wheel unleashes demons
(https://github.com/psycopg/psycopg2/issues/543)
- Tricky reference leak. Opened branch 'bug-557' to look into that,
still failing (https://github.com/psycopg/psycopg2/issues/557)

Bugs that would love to solve but wouldn't block a release:

- Intermittent error in Celery. I *know* what it is: decode is called
somewhere outside the GIL. However I don't know where... To help would
be nice to see the error on PSYCOPG_DEBUG=True
(https://github.com/psycopg/psycopg2/issues/551)
- Easy stuff to fix if someone has access to a Solaris 10 system
(https://github.com/psycopg/psycopg2/issues/532)
- Some stuff that may make sense for you if you knew Windows
(https://github.com/psycopg/psycopg2/issues/541)
- Some stuff probably easy to reproduce on Windows with non-english
localization (https://github.com/psycopg/psycopg2/issues/442,
https://github.com/psycopg/psycopg2/issues/417)

Any help would be welcome, thanks.

-- Daniele