Re: Problem creating index - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Torello Querci
Subject Re: Problem creating index
Date
Re: Problem creating index  (Rafael Martinez Guerrero <r.m.guerrero@usit.uio.no>)
List pgsql-general

2013/8/26 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
Torello Querci <tquerci@gmail.com> writes:
> 2013/8/26 Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@infinito.it>
>> Is it possible to test with an incremented work_mem value?

> Actually I use the default work_set value (1MB).

maintenance_work_mem is what would be used for CREATE INDEX.

Ok .... thanks

FWIW, though, the combination of this weird error and the fact that you
had a corrupt index to begin with makes me suspicious that there's some
low-level problem.  You might be well advised to do some memory testing
on that machine, for example.

I check for ecc memory but unfortunally the machine use non ecc memory.
This machine is installed on a remote site so I should to try to use e memory tester in normal linux shell, so I can't use memtest at boot level.

In this moment I get this error while executing the restore of the big table in a different database on the same machine:

psql:dump_ess_2013_08_26.sql:271177424: SSL error: sslv3 alert unexpected message
psql:dump_ess_2013_08_26.sql:271177424: connection to server was lost

I was connected with psql -h localhost.

Any other suggestion?

Best Regards