Re: Problem creating index - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rafael Martinez Guerrero
Subject Re: Problem creating index
Date
List pgsql-general
On 08/26/2013 06:37 PM, Torello Querci wrote:

> In this moment I get this error while executing the restore of the big
> table in a different database on the same machine:
>
> psql:dump_ess_2013_08_26.sql:271177424: SSL error: sslv3 alert
> unexpected message
> psql:dump_ess_2013_08_26.sql:271177424: connection to server was lost

Hello

This error has probably nothing to do with your index problem.

How big is the restore file you are restoring? More than 512MB?

We had a similar error in our RHEL6 servers and the problem was that the
server could not SSL renegotiate. Some systems has SSL libraries that
are incapable of SSL renegotiation as a safeguard against (old) bugs in
the protocol.

If you are doing a restore of a database/table bigger than 512MB and
your system can not do SSL renegotiation, you have to change the
parameter ssl_renegotiation_limit to 0 in your postgresql.conf and
restart postgreSQL.

regards,
--
Rafael Martinez Guerrero