Re: Why is citext/regress failing on hamerkop? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: Why is citext/regress failing on hamerkop?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, May 11, 2024 at 1:14 PM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
> Either way, it seems like we'll need to skip that test on Windows if
> we want hamerkop to be green.  That can probably be cribbed from
> collate.windows.win1252.sql into contrib/citext/sql/citext_utf8.sql's
> prelude... I just don't know how to explain it in the comment 'cause I
> don't know why.

Here's a minimal patch like that.

I don't think it's worth back-patching.  Only 15 and 16 could possibly
be affected, I think, because the test wasn't enabled before that.  I
think this is all just a late-appearing blow-up predicted by the
commit that enabled it:

commit c2e8bd27519f47ff56987b30eb34a01969b9a9e8
Author: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
Date:   Wed Jan 5 13:30:07 2022 -0500

    Enable routine running of citext's UTF8-specific test cases.

    These test cases have been commented out since citext was invented,
    because at the time we had no nice way to deal with tests that
    have restrictions such as requiring UTF8 encoding.  But now we do
    have a convention for that, ie put them into a separate test file
    with an early-exit path.  So let's enable these tests to run when
    their prerequisites are satisfied.

    (We may have to tighten the prerequisites beyond the "encoding = UTF8
    and locale != C" checks made here.  But let's put it on the buildfarm
    and see what blows up.)

Hamerkop is already green on the 15 and 16 branches, apparently
because it's using the pre-meson test stuff that I guess just didn't
run the relevant test.  In other words, nobody would notice the
difference anyway, and a master-only fix would be enough to end this
44-day red streak.

Attachment