Re: Why is citext/regress failing on hamerkop? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oleg Tselebrovskiy
Subject Re: Why is citext/regress failing on hamerkop?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thomas Munro wrote 2024-05-12 06:31:
> Hamerkop is already green on the 15 and 16 branches, apparently
> because it's using the pre-meson test stuff that I guess just didn't
> run the relevant test.  In other words, nobody would notice the
> difference anyway, and a master-only fix would be enough to end this
> 44-day red streak.

Sorry for necroposting, but in our automated testing system we have
found some fails of this test. The most recent one was a couple of
days ago (see attached files) on PostgreSQL 15.7. Also I've reported
this bug some time ago [1], but provided an example only for
PostgreSQL 17. Back then the bug was actually found on 15 or 16
branches (no logs remain from couple of months back), but i wanted
to show that it was reproducible on 17.

I would appreciate if you would backpatch this change to 15 and 16
branches.

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/6885a0b52d06f7e5910d2b6276bbb4e8%40postgrespro.ru

Oleg Tselebrovskiy, Postgres Pro