Re: BUG #18362: unaccent rules and Old Greek text - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: BUG #18362: unaccent rules and Old Greek text
Date
Re: BUG #18362: unaccent rules and Old Greek text  (Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>)
List pgsql-bugs
On Sun, Feb 25, 2024 at 11:14 AM PG Bug reporting form
<noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:
> So, there are reasons to keep the current unaccent.rules as it is, but...
> there are other reasons to add a few lines to it, f.e. after line 955 and
> insert five greek vowels with Oxia
> Please add:
> ά       α
> έ       ε
> ή       η
> ί       ι
> ό       ο
> ύ       υ
> ώ       ω

Hi,

We don't exactly maintain this list manually, we extract it from
Unicode source data.  Can you see what needs to be adjusted in here to
achieve that goal?

https://github.com/postgres/postgres/blob/master/contrib/unaccent/generate_unaccent_rules.py

Perhaps a new range or something like that?