Re: pg15b3: recovery fails with wal prefetch enabled - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: pg15b3: recovery fails with wal prefetch enabled
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 1, 2022 at 11:18 PM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ahh, problem repro'd here with WAL compression.  More soon.

I followed some false pistes for a while there, but I finally figured
it out what's happening here after Justin kindly shared some files
with me.  The active ingredient here is a setting of
maintenance_io_concurency=0, which runs into a dumb accounting problem
of the fencepost variety and incorrectly concludes it's reached the
end early.  Setting it to 3 or higher allows his system to complete
recovery.  I'm working on a fix ASAP.