Re: cfbot building docs - serving results - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: cfbot building docs - serving results
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 10:22 AM Erik Rijkers <er@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> I am wondering if the cfbot at the moment is building the docs
> (html+pdf), for the patches that it tests.  I suppose that it does?  If
> so, what happens with the resulting (doc)files? To /dev/null?   They are
> not available as far as I can see.  Would it be feasible to make them
> available, either serving the html, or to make docs html+pdf a
> downloadable zipfile?

It does build the docs as part of the Linux build.  I picked that
because Cirrus has more Linux horsepower available than the other
OSes, and there's no benefit to doing that on all the OSes.

That's a good idea, and I suspect it could be handled as an
"artifact", though I haven't looked into that:

https://cirrus-ci.org/guide/writing-tasks/#artifacts-instruction

It'd also be nice to (somehow) know which .html pages changed so you
could go straight to the new stuff without the intermediate step of
wondering where .sgml changes come out!

Another good use for artifacts that I used once or twice is the
ability to allow the results of the Windows build to be downloaded in
a .zip file and tested by non-developers without the build tool chain.

> (it would also be useful to be able see at a glance somewhere if the
> patch contains sgml-changes at all...)

True.  Basically you want to be able to find the diffstat output quickly.