Re: WIP: WAL prefetch (another approach) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: WIP: WAL prefetch (another approach)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 8, 2022 at 12:55 AM Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> wrote:
> The docs seem to be wrong about the default.
>
> +        are not yet in the buffer pool, during recovery.  Valid values are

Fixed.

> +   concurrency and distance, respectively.  By default, it is set to
> +   <literal>try</literal>, which enabled the feature on systems where
> +   <function>posix_fadvise</function> is available.
>
> Should say "which enables".

Fixed.

> Curiously, I reported a similar issue last year.

Sorry.  I guess both times we only agreed on what the default should
be in the final review round before commit, and I let the docs get out
of sync (well, the default is mentioned in two places and I apparently
ended my search too soon, changing only one).  I also found another
recently obsoleted sentence: the one about showing nulls sometimes was
no longer true.  Removed.