Re: WIP: WAL prefetch (another approach) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: WIP: WAL prefetch (another approach)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 2:29 PM Tomas Vondra
<tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> On 3/18/21 1:54 AM, Thomas Munro wrote:
> > I'm now looking at Horiguchi-san and Heikki's patch[2] to remove
> > XLogReader's callbacks, to try to understand how these two patch sets
> > are related.  I don't really like the way those callbacks work, and
> > I'm afraid had to make them more complicated.  But I don't yet know
> > very much about that other patch set.  More soon.
>
> OK. Do you think we should get both of those patches in, or do we need
> to commit them in a particular order? Or what is your concern?

I would like to commit the callback-removal patch first, and then the
WAL decoder and prefetcher patches become simpler and cleaner on top
of that.  I will post the rebase and explanation shortly.