Re: pg15b3: recovery fails with wal prefetch enabled - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: pg15b3: recovery fails with wal prefetch enabled
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 5, 2022 at 9:08 PM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
> > At Mon, 05 Sep 2022 14:15:27 +0900 (JST), Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote in
> > At Mon, 5 Sep 2022 16:54:07 +1200, Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote in
> > > On reflection, it'd be better not to clobber any pre-existing error
> > > there, but report one only if there isn't one already queued.  I've
> > > done that in this version, which I'm planning to do a bit more testing
> > > on and commit soonish if there are no comments/objections, especially
> > > for that part.

Well I was about to commit this, but beta4 just got stamped (but not
yet tagged).  I see now that Jonathan (with RMT hat on, CC'd) meant
commits should be in by the *start* of the 5th AoE, not the end.  So
the procedural/RMT question is whether it's still possible to close
this item in beta4.