Re: Cirrus CI (Windows help wanted) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: Cirrus CI (Windows help wanted)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 3:04 AM Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> OK, I got this working.

Thanks Andrew.  This is great!

>     # cirrus does something odd with this command, so it's stuck in a bat file
>     # and copied to the docker container and then executed
>     COPY ci/inst-tools.bat .
>     RUN \
>         cmd /c .\inst-tools.bat

Huh, weird.  Must have been painful to figure out.  The Docker image
step took 42 minutes for me so I shudder to think how the
trial-and-error process went.  But now that it's working and cached,
build jobs start up nice and fast, so that's some great progress.

I'm experimenting with this on my own development branches for now,
and will see what else I can improve.  Then maybe I'll change the
cfbot over after the commitfest.  (Also got to get macOS doing
check-world, and Linux using a fast-start Docker image.)