Re: errbacktrace - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: errbacktrace
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 6:19 AM Peter Eisentraut
> On 2019-07-09 11:43, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > After further research I'm thinking about dropping the libunwind
> > support.  The backtrace()/backtrace_symbols() API is more widely
> > available: darwin, freebsd, linux, netbsd, openbsd (via port), solaris,
> > and of course it's built-in, whereas libunwind is only available for
> > linux, freebsd, hpux, solaris, and requires an external dependency.
>
> Here is an updated patch without the libunwind support, some minor
> cleanups, documentation, and automatic back traces from assertion failures.

Now works out of the box on FreeBSD.  The assertion thing is a nice touch.

I wonder if it'd make sense to have a log_min_backtrace GUC that you
could set to error/fatal/panicwhatever (perhaps in a later patch).

--
Thomas Munro
https://enterprisedb.com